Yankees-Nats
With the soccer game at halftime, I flipped over to watch the un-contracted Yankees take on the Nats.
TJ Beam, a 25 year old career minor leaguer was just stepping to the mound to make his debut. Of course this gave resident Fox jackasses Joe Buck and Tim McCarver time to discuss his name, nickname, its origins, Derek Jeter's number being retired, TJ Beam's number being retired, and other assorted idiocy. Someone needs to switch McCarver off whatever red hair dye product he insists on using, because it continues to fry his brain.
Ope, here's the requisite 'Homegrown Talent' graphic for the Yankees. 29 yr old Andy Phillips and his .264 batting average make an appearance. Now, I'll give you Melky Cabrera, he looks like he has some skill, but if they keep insisting on tossing Phillips in there, its a little ridiculous. The Phillies just called up a 33 year old catcher to make his debut last week, I wonder if he'd make their 'Homegrown Talent' graphic.
Hopefully they'll cut to the studio soon, so we can hear some mindless drivel from Kevin Kennedy and some anecdotal stories about him managing the Rangers into the ground. Ok, I just checked his stats, and I may need to take that back. He managed the Rangers in strike shortened 1994 to a 52-62 first place finish. Thats not a typo. This guy is a genius.
Oh geez, McCarver just announced that TJ Beam tried on a batting helmet for the first time his life. Don't most leagues have the pitchers hit in the minors?

1 Comments:
Joey Mac-
Anderson Hernandez was acquired via trade from the Tigers for Vance Wilson.
WIC.
Post a Comment
<< Home