Arrested Development
Emmy nominations ere released today. And it pleases me greatly to see that Arrested Development, despite being watched by less people than will read this, and cancelled by FOX (Full of XXXX), was nominated for Best Comedy. Apparently, in a clear waste of time, they went ahead and picked some challengers for voting purposes only. It's up against Curb (thumbs up), The Office (ditto), Scrubs (yep), and Two and a Half Men (LOUD NOISES). WHAT THE ?!?!?
2.5 Morons is exemplary of everything that is wrong with television. Confused, dimwitted individuals (aka idiots with Neilsen boxes) who watch this show (like my friend Ron Flack) because they are unable to think after a 6 hour workday, are the reason timeless entertainment like Arrested Development gets banished forever, and frustrated writers/creators pass on two year cable deals with guaranteed money. If that show wins I'm going to throw a television off the roof. No seriously, I will. It will probably be the 13 inch one that can't pick up cable, but its the thought that counts.
I hate you Charlie Sheen and Ron Flack.
Did you know Will Arnett (GOB, Arrested Development) does the voice overs on the Lamisil AT nail fungus commercials? Their comedic value rises infinitely when armed with this knowledge. While attempting to find a link to the video/audio of his work, I came across the following article: http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/adtrack/2003-10-12-lamisil_x.htm
Apparently, between the yellow toenails, Digger the germ, and the swarmy narration, Lamisil got in a lot of trouble and pissed a lot of people off. I think I kind of like them. A lot. That's some funny stuff. If i had to write toenail commercials, I'd probably come up with something stupid too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home