Monday, December 18, 2006

Apologies...

...for consistently crapping the bed with live blogging adventures. No more false promises. Only post-event blogs fromo now on. I figured I'd try to add to some amusement and minimal insight to this shit. A few fun things from this weekend:

- Went to see New Found Glory on Friday. Accidentally stumbled into a high school ice cream social. Seriously, if there wasn't booze there, I wouldn't have known how to handle the situation. Fortunately, I got drunk and harassed 16-year-old chicks. Most of you are probably not familiar with NFG, beyond the "Songs From the Big Screen" cover album. But they went 4 for 5 on my favorite tunes. They played "Hit or Miss", "My Friends Over You", "Glory of Love", and "Understatement", but didn't play "The Story So Far." If you haven't heard/can't remember these songs, I highly recommend them. Best part of the show? Watching a minimum of 5 wasted high schoolers get booted from the bar. Also, the sweet 80's rock that was played between the second band and NFG, which half the bar did not recognize.

- Saw the Amerks slaughter Binghamton on Saturday night. I don't know who was playing goal for Binghamton, but I am convinced I couldn't done better than him. Mind you, I haven't played hockey in at least five years, and probably haven't skated in 2-3. Plus, I had been drinking, and only played goal on the ice in practice when I was in the third grade. The highlight of the night was probably when some Amerk dove face-first into a Binghamton slapshot and almost died. It was a pivotal point in the night, because I pointed out that it was probably not the textbook shot-blocking method, and the people in front of us laughed. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief, and inappropriatness ensued.

- Our good friend Johnny Just Crossed was offended by something that Greasy Pasta (or whatever we're calling him now) said this weekend. He has promised an anti-Pasta blog until an apology ensues. When this happens, we will make sure to link to that. I think he's too lazy and short to start his own blog; however Donny did start this thing, so I guess anything's possible. (Zing!)

- If you don't read The Might MJD's Smorgasbord, you are doing yourself a disservice. On top of the fantastic blogging he does at this thing, they have a link to this awesome page of t-shirts, including this one, which I ordered yesterday and am eagerly awaiting for my next job interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home