Manning v. Manning
I'm not going to lie, I have spent the past several hours avoiding the Sunday night game. Allow me to give you a few reasons why:
- John Madden
- The Mannings, especially Mrs. Manning, the oldest brother (arguably the most successful NFL QB), and those goddam commercials they have. Is Peyton Manning married? Does he have kids? They parade the rest of that goddam family around, I can't believe he hasn't done an ad for Huggies up to his elbows in baby shit.
- All Giants fans, who for the past five months have been telling me why the Giants are the greatest team in the history of the NFL.
- It gives me one less thing to talk to my co-workers about tomorrow
- Football on NBC still feels wrong. I don't handle change well.
So, to recap the evening television schedule:
1) The Simpsons is running out of ideas/repeating itself too much (yet I still watch every week expecting it to change)
2) American Dad is still not funny
3) The Family Guy tries WAY too hard, but still manages to get me to laugh out loud 2-3 times per episode
4) I think I have finally kicked The War at Home -- now I know how meth addicts feel
5) Jessica Alba is a horrible actor and The Fantastic Four was a rancid movie. Thank you, HBO, for playing it 90 times over the next 3 weeks, because now I am going to watch it every time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home