Sunday, September 10, 2006

Football/Baseball Thoughts

Sorry to have missed most of the live blogging today, which appears to have already been scrapped. Let me tell you, there is no place I would rather spend my opening NFL Sunday than yelling at a AAA rep at Sears because the Sears associate mistakenly told you the tow truck fucked up your car. Awesome.

First off, on the baseball playoffs, can I tell you how awesome it is to have your team hit 14 home runs on your bye week for the playoffs? Answer: Yes I can. It is super-awesome. So awesome it makes me want to jump out the goddam window.

I would like to thank Fox for giving ESPN a run for their money as "most aggravating sports coverage." ESPN was really pulling away there for a while, fortunately Fox has come storming back. I'm glad to see they allowed James Brown to bring his trademarked "...runs it back for paydirt" to CBS. Here's hoping he doesn't accidentally plug House in his opening week.

For the last few years, all I could think while watching Fox football coverage is, "They need more Joe Buck. I'm just not getting enough of his pretentious ass." Fortunately, the Fox gods have granted my wish. I can't wait to hear him tell me how Terrell Owens isn't that bad of a team mate. Which, you know, he totally knows about considering that he has played with TO. He hasn't? Well, I mean, he can relate as a former professional football player? Really? Well, a professional athlete, right? You don't say! Just had a famous broadcasting dad and despite terrible announcing is the lead play-by-play man for Fox? That's terrific. I feel cheated in the parents department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home