Here's your sign...
For our faithful readers, you may remember me blogging about the definition of 'to pull a lovecchio'. Well, last night, it happened. While peacefully enjoying the game, as Ronnie Brown had scored 2 TDs and Fast Willie was running up the yardage, it happened: An innocent pass was tossed to the right side by Charlie Batch, and somehow the receiver caught it in stride and broke through the secondary. As he was running, I yelled out "that cant be Heath Miller?!?!", knowing full well that it had to be him. Sure enough, the tight end somehow lumbered his way EIGHTY-SEVEN YARDS for a "touchdown" - I wont even get into the Stupid Saban play, but that just adds fuel to the fire.
This is evidence that the Hammer lover will once again, kick my ass this fantasy football season, even though my team is way better (in theory).
Now, I'm not upset that Miller scored a TD. Thats not the point. Thats what a lot of tight ends are used for, however, these TDs normally occur in SHORT YARDAGE situations. But, Pasta 'pulled a lovecchio' and somehow got an 87-yard TD.
I am willing to wager that the top 10 fantasy WRs this year: Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, TO, Marvin Harrison, Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Santana Moss and Chris Chambers will NOT have a TD reception greater than 87 yards all year. I'd even bet that NO ONE in the NFL will have a TD catch longer than that all year. Yet, Pasta accompished it with the 10th best TE in the league in the first week of the season against Steel. And to make it worse, Dumb ass Saban didn't get the challenge in. Unbelievable.......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home