Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Welcome and FFB Predictions

Welcome to the Blog, Mr. Commish (although, I am also a commish). It will be good to have another voice on this site. I think its interesting that on a blog entitled 'contract the yankees', 3 of the main bloggers are Yankees fans. The universe never ceases to amaze me.

For my first round baseball matchup, I'm off to a good start in pitching, but my offense decided to take a day off and go 4-30. I'll need to rebound offensively to have a shot.

I figued I'd preview the first week fantasy football matchups for those of you betting at home. Here we go...

Muffin v. Lawnmower Man
Its Fast Willie, Ronnie Brown and Lamont "my head is bigger than Barry Bonds" Jordan vs. LT, Deuce "yes, I still play for this team even though we drafted Reggie Bush" McAlister and Carnell Williams. This match will come down to Monday night, when the Raiders battle the Chargers. After an aweful year last year, I have built my team back up to respectability. I'm predicting a close one, and I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt (of course), hoping that Lawnmower's wasting of a 2nd rounder on Matt Hasselbeck will come back to haunt him. Pick: Muffin

The Commish vs. Big Bro
Fantasy Football is won and lost with the RBs. Commish starts out with LJ, and adds Willis and Reuben "Don't call me Studdard" Droughns. Big Bro has Westbrook, Corey Dillon and DeAngelo Williams. On the surface, it looks like a runaway for the Commish. But some favorable matchups for some of Big Bro's RBs, could keep it close, but not close enough. Pick: Commish

Ironic Steel vs. Hammer Time
Even though he drafted all back-up RBs, Hammer is throwing out 2 starting RBs this week, in Thomas Jones and Kevan Barlow (although this is questionable). Interesting dynamic here, with IS having Carson Palmer and Hammer having Chad Johnson. Not sure who the advantage goes to here, but Hammer is already at a disadvantage with his RB situation. Is is starting Chris Brown over Chester Taylor, presumably because Brown faces the Jets. Better to make use of his starts now, before he's hurt. Even though Hammer will somehow finish 5 spots ahead of me in the standings, he wont win this week. Pick: Steel

Single Andy vs. Donny
This could be one of those matches that sparks the post "this is crap, my team scored 120 points and lost, but Single Andy scored 85 points and won". Both teams are armed with solid WRs in burres/l-fitz vs. boldin/hines ward. Donny has already lost first round pick Domanick Davis for the year, and Hines ward is complaining of a hurt hammy. This one will be close, and I see the difference being which player has the bigger day, Tiki (for Donny) or Reggie Bush (for SA). Bush has a better matchup against cleveland, but I'll take the track record of Tiki and give it to Donny. Pick: Donny

Tall Angry Drunk vs. Rug Buyer
The two powerhouses from last year have reloaded and look to be back at the top of the league. Fortunately for the rest of us, they get to play each other twice this year. For TAD, the two questions are what is Clinton Portis' shoulder like and how will edge fare with a crappy o-line? For Rug Buyer, I just dont trust Julius Jones. I know thats nit picking when he also has Shawn Alexander and Steven Jackon as his two other RBs, but these two teams are really stacked. I like the defenses that TAD's players have to go up against a little bit more, and will give the edge to him. I see both of these teams scoring two of the top 3 scores of the week. Pick: TAD

I'll revisit these pick on tuesday, when I will have gone 4-1 (with my only loss being the fact that I picked myself to win).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home