Reyes/Foosball
Since this is a pro-Mets blog, I guess it's time to post some stuff on them.
I spent last night flipping between the Mets beatdown of the NL West-leading Dodgers and the Steelers-Dolphins. By far, the most exciting play in either game was Reyes three run inside the parker, which I was fortunate enough to see live. He was jogging around first before turning it on and still made it without a throw. Wildly entertaining. He's now up to 74 RBIs which is pretty remarkable given some of the slop the Mets have had batting at the bottom of the lineup at times this year. Chris Woodward, Kazuo Matsui?
Meanwhile, the football game was rather uneventful until the fourth quarter. Special thanks to Heath Miller for continuing to make Lovecchio lucky in all the areas that don't count. I believe Dr. Muffin (aka Muffin Man, not to be confused with George 'Muffin Man' Bluth from Arrested Development) will have a full analysis of this situation later. Then he'll FedEx you a package of poisonous muffins for not reading his post. I of course left Hines Ward on the bench in Fantasy, where he'll do me a lot of good when Andre Johnson puts up 3 catches for 17 yards on Sunday, but my team isn't going anywhere anyway. Three straight years out of the football playoffs will be in a bit of a hit to the WIC/Deuce franchise, but we'll come back with some new sponsors next year.
And while I have an audience, how sick is RyHO? It'll be interesting to see how the media addresses this situation as he zeroes in on 61 HRs. In my opinion, assuming he doesn't fail any future drug tests, he'd be the single season record holder. Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire can't be wiped from our memories fast enough. Feel free to post comments on this thought, or not.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home