Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Game 6

I wanted to get some opinions going before tonights game and, possibly, some in-game commenting if anyone else is checking this site throughout the course of the game (probably not)

First, I would like to say that I accept any mocking that is thrown my way for my rooting for 2 different teams. I would probably make fun of myself too, but it is what it is and I can't do anything about it. I will say, however, that I've actually have had more fun watching and rooting for the Cardinals then I have for the Yankees this postseason. It's hard to defend the Yanks and they annoy me with the payroll/personel decisions that are made. The Cardinals represent something more fresh and unexpected.

That being said, I fully expect them to win tonight and close the door. Carpenter's on the mound and it should be game over. If they do lose, I would give the Mets the edge in Game 7, especially if they started Oliver instead of Perez, he was great against the Cards in Game 4.

I find it interesting that the Met's fans out there think there is an anti-Met bias that is going on. I actually don't find the in-game commenting to be scewed one way, but pretty much every single sports show I've watched in the past 2 weeks haven't given the Cardinals a shot. My favorite pro-Mets comment came from former GM (and author of quite possibly the worst trade in MLB history) Steve Phililps when he said on Mike and Mike the other day, "The Mets pitching staff will have it's hands full with the Tigers next week" Ummm...Steve, the series isn't over yet buddy.

One thing I will be watching for tonight is to see if FOX cuts to the crowd more or less than the 40,000 times they did so last night. To the tune of 1-3 times between pitches even. Also, if they will use that pitch tracker with the big square on every single batter or just every other...

We will have to wait and see.

My prediction is that Pujols will have a huge game and the Cards will win, if not then the Mets get to lose to the Tigers instead of St. Louis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home