Playoff Thoughts
I've been trying to avoid the MLB Playoffs, for a few reasons. One being my job prohibits me from seeing much in the way of afternoon games. Another being that I have been pretty sick lately. The biggest reason probably being that I am (a) somewhat burned out from fantasy baseball, and (b) am trying to save some baseball energy for the World Series. A few other reasons...
- I was watching the Cardinals-Padres game. Remember like 5-10 years ago when ESPN started getting big, and commentators would point out how difficult it is to hit in afternoon games because of the shadows? In this game, Orel Hersheiser has said "shadows" about twenty times in the five minutes I've been watching this game.
- Chris Berman is like that kid in gym class who was really excited to make all the plays. So he'd be loud, and something that would draw attention to him and he'd make all those exagerrated motions in the field. Then, he'd go to make a play and it would start to go bad, so he'd overcompensate to save the play, and would end up making it 10x worse. Can someone sit him down and tell him that when he makes a mistake, to just stop and take a deep breath? I'm tired of him sputtering through his play-by-play.
- Those Joe Buck commercials. Seriously. Just awful. I don't know why Holiday Inn thinks Joe Buck makes me want to stay there anymore, but I am officially boycotting them. Holiday Inn, you are in with Fox's Pre-Game show, The OT, and the volume of any Fox covered football and baseball games. I hope you're happy. (PS - the annoying guy with the overbite. You may remember him from such memorable roles as the annoying guy from "Happy Hour" and one of the annoying Germans from Beerfest. Glad to see he's making a name for himself in Hollywood. Although I did like his work as the Milk Shake on Reno 911! IMDB is fantastic!)
- Holy shit, I think I just saw Bam Margera in the crowd of this game. Why can't ESPN just lie and say it's him? That would be incredible.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home