Announcers/Commentators
I agree wholeheartedly with Steel's earlier comments. However, I do believe he deserves it. He's a terrible human being. Not really, but I can't help but notice that a lot of the outpouring of ESPN-hate coincides with American Institution Peter Gammons being out due to sickness. I think he was the last decent professional holding ESPN together, and with him being out, they've lost all semblence of reasonableness and intelligence. For case in point, just look at his replacement committee- Steve Phillips, John Kruk, and Jeff Brantley. Ugh.
But lost in this ESPN hub bub, is an even worst travesty of the American Media. So glaring is this ridiculousness, that it may actually support the argument that the NFL is rigged and no one talks because they all get cushy jobs after retirement. This person? Shannon Sharpe. Not only is he unable to pronounce words, be articulate, or string together words into sentences, he's got a face for radio (see Deion Sander's famous 'horse faced' commentary for further explanation). Earlier today, announcing BJ Sams 70+ yard kick return, here's what he had to say:
(talking excitedly, voice rising) 'BJ Sams breaks to the sideline! He could go all the way!' ( after watching another 40+ yards of the runback in silence, he states very quietly) 'He is tackled' end highlight.
Anyone that makes me pine for shitty Chris Berman commentary, should be put out to pasture immediately (haha, no pun intended). GFY Shannon Sharpe.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home