Dissecting Donny's Draft
Nice alliteration, huh? I'd tried to avoid mis-spelling words in the title of this blog, unlike my last one. Draft Recab?!? WTF?!?
Donny has not had much fantasy football success, although his baseball team is riding the best offense in the league. Coupled with adequate SPs, hes definetly looking at a bye in the first round of the playoffs. On to his draft.
Round 1: Domanick Davis. Its not good when your #2 RB is already complaining of a swollen knee. Sounds like Strephen Davis, in 2004, when for some reason I traded McGahee (when he was good) Isaac Bruce (when he was good) and Randy McMichael for Stephen Davis and Ashley Lelie before the season started. I'm glad that Donnie took Davis here, because if he fell to me, I would have felt forced to take him and his 9 starts this year.
Round 2: Tiki Barber. Solid keeper. Would go 4th in yearly leagues. He produces in the run game and the pass game. F-Brandon Jacobs, he sucks. Tiki will still get plenty of TDs even at 45 years of age.
Round 3: Anquan Boldin. Avoid injury and he's a top 5-6 WR (just like D. Davis is for RBs). Since he already had Hines Ward, its worth the risk
I thought I was going to try and rip this team apart, but its not happening yet. I guess I'm too Gammons-ian at heart. IF Boldin stays healthy, and IF Domanick Davis' leg doesnt fall off, then this team COULD finish in the top half of the league.
Round 4: Jamal Lewis. First rounder last year. I dont understand why he sucks all of a sudden. Hes only 26. Oh wait, it was probably that he carried the ball 35 times a game for 5 years, plus all the man love he received last off season. For Donny's sake, I hope he doesnt drop the pigskin as much as he dropped the soap in the slammer. ZING!
Round 5: Hines Ward. Nice pick. Double digit TDs last year.
Round 6: Andre Johnson. I'm sure Steel hates this pick. He's garbage right now. Carr sucks. But possession receiver and ex-Bill Eric Moulds is on the other side of the ball, so that might help. Plus, I think he went to, DA-U!
Round 7: Domanick Rhodes. 2 DOMANICKS!!! I dont know if they spell their names the same, but whatever. Kind of like my freshman year of college, when I had never met a person named Gabe, and lo and behold, there were 3 in my dorm alone. For this pick, I figured he would have gone with the longer term potential of Addai, but I guess Donny's is taking the "win now" approach after two years out of the playoffs. I wouldnt expect too much, but the Colts offense is solid.
Round 8: Chris Cooley. Does he still have eligibility at RB this year?
Round 9: Terry Glenn. I guess TO will take some pressure off, so his numbers should be equal to last year. I wouldnt expect those random 150 yard, 2 TD games like last year though.
Round 10: Drew Brees. I heard he joined a team that had to deal with some sort of weather issue last year. I'm not sure, can anyone confirm this?
Round 11: Vinatieri. I feel that kickers should not be taken until the 16 round.
Round 12: Trent Green. I had this dildo last year. Apparently he throws for 4000 yards a year, yet his best receiver is Kennison, so I dont know who's catching all these passes. He threw 17 TDs in 16 games...useless. He aggrevated me, and forced me to start Plummer...ugh. Donny should start Brees.
Round 13: Jerramy Stevens. See my best/worst picks posting for my comments.
Round 14: Miami. Well, they get to play the Jets and Bills twice, so thats a plus.
Round 15: Cedric Houston. He will be gone as soon as the jets trade for some other douchebag.
Overall, I thought I would be harsher than I was. Thats just the good ol' PG in me. Donnys has one solid RB and one solid WR. The problem, is that we need 2 WR, 2 RBs and a 5th of your choice. The two big Gammans-onian IFs: IF Domanick Davis can start 14 games and if Anquan Boldin stays healthy, he has 4 solid skill position guys. The TE, DEF, K and QB are basically on par with the rest of the league. He needs Jamal Lewis, Andre Johsnon or Domanick Rhodes to step up as a solid flex player. If this doesnt happen, he could struggle to cover bye weeks. I think he COULD make the playoffs IF all these things happen.

1 Comments:
Hmm. I think I agree with Muff. Might be time to start packaging Jerramy Stevens and Dominick Rhodes in panicked trades offers around the league looking for a top ten RB.
Post a Comment
<< Home