Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Tradition(s) Continue(s)

Happy New Years from CTY to the five other people that read this. If I had to guess what our population of readers are, it would be as follows:

CTY Posters- 5
Other - 4

I wanted to share with everyone two of my favorite ongoing annual events, aside from the Broncos shitting the bed down the stretch each year and missing the playoffs.

1. Brett Favre's annual debate of "Should I return next year to throw another 25 interceptions and delay the rebuilding of a once-proud franchise one more year?" Of which of course the answer is 'Yes, but I will wait as long as possible to announce that I will do so, while forcing Sportscenter producers to choose between me and the Yankees to lead off every single telecast.' (Sometimes when Terrell Owens does something, it causes fistfights in the production office to determine how much time Ed Werner should devote to each topic. Someone call Pedro Gomez!!)

I know one thing for certain, each night that I leave work I often stand outside in the cold talking to strangers about how much I will miss work until I return the next day. I think it endears me to my fans. It brings tears to my eyes too, Brett! We should hang out!

2. Spaghetti-O's annual flirtation with a job in New York City. The ceremonial Chef Boyardee interview is an event that has already passed Kwanzaa as the third most popular year end festival, after Christmas and Chanukah. We have yet to find a transcript or video of this event on YouTube, but here's hoping 2007 brings another chance to memorialize this awesome event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home